|Beautiful peaches from Forest Hall Farm in|
Ripe Peaches (trust me it is a pain trying to do this with unripe peaches)
Large bowl with ice water
Large spoon or scooper to pull the peaches out of the hot water
1. Fill a pot, I use a 8 qt stockpot purchased at Wal-Mart, half way with water and bring to a full boil over high heat.
2. Using a sharp knife on a cutting board cut peaches in half from the top around. Remove the pit and set the peach aside. I usually try and cut and remove the pits of all the peaches I'm going to peel while I'm waiting for the water to come to a boil.
3. Once the water comes to a boil drop 2 or 3 peach halves into the boiling water at a time. Boil for 2 minutes. You can add more than 2-3 peach halves at a time but just make sure that you don't overcrowd them in the pot.
4. Once the time is up remove the peach halves from the pot and submerge in a large bowl of ice cold water for a minute.
5. Using either a paring knife or your fingers you should be able to remove the peach skin.