|Another victory mama!!|
I don't know about you but a bag of peanut butter chips just begs to be baked into something with chocolate. So I decided to make a pan of brownies and instead of adding coconut I added the peanut butter chips. They were really really good and didn't even last 24 hours! It was a good thing that I made them when my assistant chef was in bed because I at least got to have two pieces before she got to them.
If I had any left I would be heating one up and then topping with a scoop of Vanilla Bean Hempmilk ice cream and some coconut milk whipped cream. Yeah I know, my sweet tooth is acting up big time! Unfortunately I don't have any hempmilk ice cream or brownies but I do have some chocolate coconut milk ice cream and a can of coconut milk in the fridge. So I think I'll have some ice cream tonight.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a baking pan, couldn't find my round cake pan so I used a loaf pan, or line it with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
4. Gradually combine the flour mix into the egg mixture until well blended and then fold in peanut butter chips.
|mmmm!! peanut butter & chocolate!!|
5. Pour into the greased pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from edges of pan. Let cool on wire rack before cutting into squares.